12.05.2011

Decking the Halls 2011

Decorating for Christmas is one of my favorite things to do each year. It's amazing how adding a few small things really changes the feeling in our home. I like to add one or two small but meaningful decorations to my stockpile each year, in hopes that one day my home will be fully flocked like my mother's.

I finished off a roll of film capturing a few of our decorations, and I'm determined to go back and recapture everything in color. Until then, here are a few items making our home festive this year.
This little tree, our Charlie Brown tree, acted as our only Christmas tree for our first 4 years of marriage. It has a special place in my heart, and it is now perched on our kitchen island.

I "wrapped" the door to our basement. Once holiday cards begin arriving in the mail, they'll be pinned to the ribbon and taped to the door. It's a cheap, fun way to showcase our holiday greetings.

Nutcrackers are big in my family--my parents have dozens. When I was twelve, I danced in Ballet West's production, and we went every year as part of our Christmas celebrations. I don't have any of the "real" ones yes (someday!). But for now, these little ones bring fond memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment